Story Monster on the Road
Schools • Libraries • Community Events
Story Monster is an ambassador for literacy and opens the world of reading to folks of all ages and Story Monsters LLC strongly believes in the need to support the efforts of authors and events promoting books and reading. Get #CAUGHTREADING with Story Monster at your next event!
- Appearance requests must be made six weeks before the date of the event if possible. Story Monsters LLC will attempt to provide a response to requests within 10 business days (if not before) of the request date.
- All events are required to provide parking, a private changing room, a designated assistant (can be a volunteer) to escort Story Monster, and bottled water.
- Story Monster is limited to appearing in costume for 20-25 minutes at a time with breaks in between. Please plan the schedule for Story Monster’s appearance accordingly.
- We kindly request copies of all promotional materials (e.g., flyers, ads, website info, etc.) used for promoting the event.
- Due to availability of personnel and distance-related challenges, priority will be given to entities based on proximity.
Suggestions for Maximizing Story Monster’s Appearance:
- Take photos of attendees with Story Monster. Designate a place and specific times Story Monster will be available for photos. Encourage folks to post their photos on social media with #caughtreading and @storymonsters.
- If there are specified times for storytime with an author, Story Monster can attend to be with the children.
- Story Monster can be on stage with featured speakers, at workshops, in the audience, etc., to energize or motivate the crowd.
Optional Add-ons (additional fee):
For an additional fee, we offer the following:
- #CAUGHTREADING reusable grocery bags
- #CAUGHTREADING magnets
- Discounts on individual issues of Story Monsters Ink magazine, selected by School Library Journal as one of the best magazines for kids and teens
We will do our best to work with your budget. Your appearance fee goes to support the mascot at Story Monsters LLC, and provides compensation for the participants. We accept all forms of payment including cash, check, and credit card. Checks are payable to Story Monsters LLC. Please call our office at 480.940.8182 to make arrangements.