Student Writers Wanted
Story Monsters Ink® is looking for student submissions! Send us your articles, essays, poems, or drawings to be published in an upcoming issue!
BONUS! If your work is chosen for publication in the magazine, you will receive a check for $15 and a free copy of the issue of the magazine.
Do you have a creative work you would like to submit?
- A parent or guardian needs to download and complete the Student Writer Entry and Parental Consent Form. Then, email the form with the written work (.doc or .docx file) or artwork (.jpg or .pdf) to Cristy Bertini. Entries will not be accepted without completed consent form.
- Submissions should not exceed two pages in length in order to be considered for publication.
- Students may submit as many entries as they wish, but a separate entry form must accompany each.
- If your work is chosen for publication in the magazine, you will receive a check for $15 and a copy of the magazine. No compensation will be given for works posted on our website or our social media pages.
Other Ways for Kids to Get Involved
Get #CaughtColoring with Story Monster!
- Download a "Be a Super Reader" Coloring Sheet to color and submit for possible publication in Story Monsters Ink.
- A parent or guardian also needs to download and complete the permission form. Then, email the form with a scan of the coloring sheet (.pdf or .jpg file) to Cristy Bertini.
- There is no compensation for publication.
My Favorite Teacher
Do you have a special teacher that you would like to tell us about? Email an essay to Cristy Bertini explaining why your teacher (principal, librarian, paraprofessional, etc.) is the best, and we may print your essay in an issue of Story Monsters Ink!
If your essay is chosen for publication, we will send you and your teacher a copy of the printed issue. Each submission must be less than 500 words in length and include a copy of the permission form.
You will need a parent or guardian's permission slip submitted along with your essay. There is no compensation for publication.
Become a Book Reviewer
Tell us about your favorite book! Each month, Story Monsters Ink publishes reviews of children's books written by children as well as educators.
- You may review any genre of children's books, fiction or nonfiction.
- Story Monsters Ink only publishes positive reviews that recommend good books.
- Reviews must be well-written with proper grammar. Youth reviewers should ask a teacher or parent to look over their reviews before submitting them.
- We encourage reviewers to also submit photos of themselves reading the book they are reviewing. Photos must be good quality jpegs (.jpg).
- Please include a good quality jpeg (.jpg) of the book cover (a PDF file acceptable if jpeg is unavailable).
- Youth writers/reviewers will need to download a parent or guardian's permission form to submit. Email completed form with their work (.doc or .docx file) to Cristy Bertini. There is no compensation for publication.